Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Friday--Real Estate!

Happy Friday. Hope you've had a solid week. Things in HK have been dandy and very busy. I've begun looking at new apartments to rent in the new year, and I can tell it may be a long process. So far the search has been fun and has made me realize that I LOVE real estate, even when the real estate is a 13 X 18 ft. box called an apartment. I love touring apartments and homes and seeing how people live. That said, I've included a few pictures of various apartments in Hong Kong--both the good and the u-g-l-y. Here goes nothin':


...This is a typical Hong Kong kitchen (without the expat package). Notice the bite-size fridge and visible air vent.
 

I thought this arched doorway was charming. While the walls and floors were nice, the kitchen needed work.

Traditional windows on old buildings in HK.
Large and IN CHARGE

Cultural dissonance: before viewing this apartment, the agent warned me that it was not as nice as the others. When we walked in I said, NO NO, this is much nicer than the others! I like this! He later told me that this apartment is in the "Colonial Chinese" style, which he thinks is not as "nice" as "Western styles." I think this is much nicer than the "Western styles" we saw. Funny that we Westerners think the inverse.

Apt. 3: this place was awesome, but way too much of a bachelor pad for me. I can only imagine how much two guys would love this place. It was the nicest apartment and a total steal for the square footage. See next picture below

Another shot of the sweetest apartment ever. If you only knew how huge this is for Hong Kong....it even comes with that leather couch and gigantic tv...bar and barstools in background included, too. What you see here is 50% larger than my current apartment.
This apartment had two furnished bedrooms (ex mattress). It was so awesome, I was wishing I were a  guy while viewing the apartment.

Storage extraordinaire, an endangered commodity in this neck of the woods! Might I add, this apartment is just off the escalators!
All of the excitement caused by looking at apartments left me exhausted. I went home and found this little guy there to greet me:


No comments: