Thursday, February 10, 2011

Apartment: After!


Mostly finished, but holding out for some decorative pillows and art for the walls.
*Let me know if you have ideas!

That's the orange tree I bought for Chinese New Year. They looked SO pretty lining the sidewalks of the neighborhood. My cleaning lady laughed when she saw it and told me I need to water it more.  I want to keep you alive, plant!







Bathtub!

See, they do have everyday American items in HK. Pantene Pro V! Unfort. I can't read what type of Pantene this is!

Handy bathroom telephone. Who uses these? (if you're a doctor on-call, I understand)


Searched HK high and low for a jewelry tree and finally found this one at a store called Homeless. My Grandmother's "Save the Bay" calendar is in the background.

Found this handy jewelry organizer for $1.50 USD at a Japanese Home Store. I think the tray is made for kitchen cutlery but whatevs. Sterling Silver must be stored in air-tight bags here, otherwise it will tarnish very quickly.



Traces of British colonialism in the 'hood.



All the shops and people go away during Chinese New Year. This is what my neighborhood looked like!

2 comments:

schwab said...

Looove the apt lady!!

LeapingLizard said...

Thanks thanks! There have since been a few updates, which I'll post soon! xoxo