Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

So much has happened this week. It's just one of those weeks you look back upon and think about all that happened and say, wow, why is this week different, what happened. As I reflect, my reflection comes in list form:

Starting from a week ago:
Royal-wedding-inspired playlist. I am obsessed with playing Elton John--specifically "Your Song." This has led me to other oldies...and right now "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan is playing--great for a sunny days. Also, I am very much enjoying the video for the Avett Brothers "November Blue." If you say you don't love a love song, I think you're lying.



Taking, or more precisely, re-taking my Bloomberg Excel formula/programming exam, which includes troubleshooting...which leads me to think, "just shoot me."
Two of my friends in Hong Kong are having babies, and I recently found out that both will be boys!
My other 2 friends in Hong Kong  are leaving to go back to the US to get married this week.

I bought Rob fish for his birthday. We went to the Goldfish Market in Mong Kok and bought clown fish and named them Sai (after Sai Kung) and Kiki (my dad used to call me that sometimes, so of course I like the name). Clown fish are saltwater fish, however, so this makes them very hard to keep alive in a synthetically saltwater environment. Unfortunately Kiki and Sai had to go for a swim in the John this week. I hope they are enjoying fish heaven. In the meantime, I am working on creating a less hostile fish environment in my apartment so that Kiki2 and Sai2 won't ever have to know The John.


Rob had several job offers this week, which were followed by more job possibilities. Each day is an adventure as I watch possibilities unfold.

Nat--we love you and are praying for you!

Last, but not least, tomorrow is MOTHER'S DAY. All of you moms have worked so hard. I can't even imagine how you did it. So, tomorrow is a big day for all of you Mommies out there. Mommy, I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for me.

Ok, I think that's about it. Have a great weekend!


No comments: