Monday, September 27, 2010

A few photos

Good Evening to the Eastern world, Good Morning to the Western world....it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!
Today's post will not be very long, as I am working on a longer one that will be posted in the next few days.

My friend Anne, whom I met on a junk boat trip, recently sent me some photos. So that you all could see what we do on these boat rides, I thought I would post a few of them:

Liz (about to be sunburned), Anne and Thayer. Anne went to UNC and graduated a few years before I did. She and her husband recently transferred to Hong Kong from New York. Thayer is from Boston.

A fisherman, as you might see while sailing on the south side of Hong Kong Island, near Aberdeen.

Rob and I standing on the side of the boat, about to jump into the water.

SPLASH!
Our junk boat for the day. A junk boat is basically a large boat that anyone can charter. Usually between 15 and 30 people rent it for the day. When you board everyone decides on a destination. This particular day we left from the south side of Hong Kong Island and sailed to a small fishing village for lunch. Must watch out where you stop to swim! Certain areas can be quite polluted.
Where we had lunch.
Lunch! Yum. I try to use chopsticks, and I feel like a baby flinging food everywhere. I must work on my manners!
The coast

Swimming around. Frog legs.

No comments: