Sunday, September 19, 2010

Job Search Continues and Proof that the Stinger Still Lives

Hello,

I hope you all are enjoying this Sunday in September. I hear the weather is beautiful on the east coast. It's nice here in Hong Kong, which allowed for a fun junk boat cruise yesterday with some new friends. One of the girls is from Raleigh and graduated from UNC in 2002. The others transferred from various positions in New York and range in age from 24 to 30. Great crowd--we seemed to have quite a bit in common! The only high pressure on my radar these days is being caused by the job search. While I am having fun meeting people and talking to people about "what I want to do," what I really want is a job. Today I spent a full day sending e-mails and contacting various career Web sites. I have been after  it for about a month, with limited success. I think it will take finding the right person at the right time--and the best way to find that is to meet A LOT of people. So, Mom and Dad, I'm working on it. I still have until November 17, so I've got some time. Anyway, Rob has posted lots of photos, so I hope you'll check them out! I did borrow one photo of his so that you can see my new suit :). I wore it for my first (informational) interview at a media company. I like this suit and am hoping to get some good mileage out of it! Hopefully pounding the pavement will pay off this week!

Getting Ready for my first interview in my new suit!
Also, Beau and friends, you may remember that while in Richmond, just before I left to come to Hong Kong, we had a family dinner where everyone tried to order the old-fashioned drink called a Stinger. The search was brought on after a discussion about cocktail trends with my lovely grandmother, Mimi. Much to our dismay, we could not find a bartender in Richmond who knew how to make the Mad Men-era drink. Anyway, to all of you who were part of this discussion at dinner and thereafter, please check out this menu from a hole in the wall in Wan Chai called Pizza Bar:

The Stinger still lives in a small, smoke-filled joint in Wan Chai



No comments: