Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy New Year & The beginning of the end of my journey home

Happy New Year!

It is January 16 here in Virginia. Tomorrow is my last full day in the United States. I will have spent about a month here at home when I leave to head back to Hong Kong Tuesday. This visit home has been completely wonderful. Some (but not all) of the highlights were:

1) First arriving in the United States after 4 months in Asia and a 48-hour journey home. It's a great, unique feeling.
2) Christmas
3) Seeing my family and friends (love you guys!) This past week was so fun!
4) Helping pick out a surprise Christmas puppy (He's a busy boy named Blitzen)
5) Ringing in 2011. New Years Eve at my friends' home was perfect!
6) Playing in Richmond and relaxing in the country...never read so many books in one month :)
7) Meeting Sally Mann and doing lots of other local, cultural activities
8) Test driving a bevy of friends' and family members' cars! Volvo mom wagons, Fords, VWs, Lexuses, GMCs...Thank you guys for looking out for this car-free lass.
9) Finding a new reality TV show that I love. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Beauty is pain.
10) Sleeping 10 hours almost every night.

A few of the negatives (because we must be balanced):
1) Exploring the woes of international banking!
2) Driving in snow for the first time in years
3) Jet lag
4) forgetting to prepare for my half-marathon in February...oopsie! *The chocolate was fabulous, though.


Anyway, I will resume posting regularly once I return to Hong Kong and move into my NEW apartment! I am so excited :) Until then, please send e-mails and be in touch~ไปฅๅŽๅ†่Š!


With Love,
Leaping Lizard

No comments: