Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meatballs

I went to the grocery store the other day to buy some staples for the apartment. I knew we would need MEAT from the International grocery, since the Chinese grocery tends to offer rather odd cuts of meat. While at the International grocery I was super duper happy when I found ground turkey from Mount Olive, North Carolina! I was so happy that it came from some place familiar that I bought three pounds of it.

When I returned home I realized that I had more ground turkey than I knew what to do with. I had never bought ground turkey! I decided I needed to come up with some uses for the lovely meat, and I decided I was dead-set on meatballs!

After sorting through a few recipes online, I landed on Rachael Ray's turkey meatball recipe. Now, historically I haven't been all that into EVOO and RR and the RR cult following stuff, but I got over that--the RR recipe called for things I already had in the kitchen. 

Tonight Rob and I made the meatballs. Success!

They were easy, SOO delicious, and guys love 'em (Rob ate 7!). I highly recommend trying them.

Here's the recipe!


Enjoy! Do you guys have any favorite recipes?

No comments: