Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back from Beautiful Cat Cay!



Hello! I'm fresh of the plane from Cat Cay, Bahamas, where I spent 8 days with Rob and the Stephens family at their home there. I feel happy and rested after a wonderful vacation with great people. While I am reluctant to be diving back into to the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong preparations, I'm glad to be productive again. I've missed writing to you all and am happy to have an internet connection once again as I sit overlooking brown water in Kilmarnock, VA.

In the past 2 weeks or so, I've met with several contacts who have business connections to Hong Kong. Housing arrangements and possible job opportunities have begun to materialize in cyber space, which eases my (and my parents') consciences. I cross my fingers that the internet developments will continue to materialize on the ground in HK. All that is left to do before I go is settle health care and banking, both of which have been a bit difficult to sort so far. I trust that all will work out, assuming I stay healthy and dedicated to untangling the red tape. Packing is the least of my worries at this point, and it feels like it will be the dessert to all the planning and preparation Rob and I have been doing these past few months.

Since returning from Cat Cay I have come across two articles about Westerners casting their employment nets toward the East. One article is from the New York Times and the other is from the Wall Street Journal. Not surprisingly, both have been of particular interest to me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/28/business/global/28jobs.html?_r=2&ref=asia

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703545604575407764037805500.html

Now that you're probably heard enough, I'll end with a few snaps:



One of the most unique sunsets I have ever seen


Our awesome serving staff at Bu's Bar, where we would drink and overlook the boats at the yacht club. Thanks Ivan!


Harry, Elizabeth, Rob and I on our way out to dinner


The delicious spiney lobster tail Rob hunted and prepared for us


Surprise invite to "Gatsby's" house



Sunset Patio

More will be on Facebook later :).


Signing off,

Lizard




No comments: