Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Now that a few days have passed

I feel like I have a much better hold on the city now than when I first arrived. Rob and I have done so much in the past few days that I not only have more to say, but I also feel more connected with Hong Kong. I am better acclimated to the time change. The cold I was fighting has been fought. As such, we've been diving into all things touristy. It's like the Griswolds have arrived.

Over the past few days, the two of us rode the historic tram to Victoria Peak. We hiked miles upon miles through couture malls--it is UNbelievable how many countless Armani/Dior/Whatever stores can remain in business here within a 2-mile radius. I have visited the Hong Kong Convention Center's Technology Expo (how do you say in Chinese: "that was packed with more Asians than I have ever seen in my life?"). We visited a Hong Kong tailor, hiked the city in the rain, took the subway to Kowloon, visited a flower market, a beautiful bird market, and a goldfish market, and I tipped my teacup to old world Colonialism by having high tea at the Peninsula Hotel. But that's a preview. I'll tell you more about this and will add pictures of it tomorrow. Until then, jóutáu (goodnight).

No comments: