Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday!

Greetings on this glorious Monday morning,

I hope your work days are off to a solid start. I began mine with a quick nibble of muffin and a trip to Holly Brown, my go-to coffee shop. HB is decorated in Carolina blue and white, so I feel at home there. It offers free Internet, delicious cappuccinos, and up-beat elevator music, which requires one to bring her noise-canceling headphones. Nonetheless, Holly Brown helps me log a few hours on jobsdb.com and efinancialcareers.com.

As I reflect back on the weekend, it was a fun one. Miraculously Hurricane Megi never threatened the blue skies. We ended up spending lots of time outdoors. On Saturday I went to Kowloon to watch Rob play in his first softball game since joining the expat softball league. I was the only girl there this week and felt like I was crashing man time, but it was lots of fun. Funny quote of the day was overhearing a bystander say, "Wow, that's a tall first baseman!" Rob is tall, and he played really well!

Later in the afternoon I hit the gym and then met our friend Sarah for Saturday night bowling! I have always been a TERRIBLE (and I mean terrible) bowler, but whatever, bowling is fun. I learned half way through bowling that I held and released the bowling ball the completely wrong way. I used the wrong fingers and then would throw the ball back handed, which caused me to have little control of the ball. I have done this my entire life and never had a clue this was wrong. It is no wonder that my game-end score would be 30 on a good night. After Rob showed me the right way to bowl, my score improved. I can't tell you how beyond shocked I was when I finished with the highest score of the group at the end of the night.The group was laughing; nobody could believe it. Anyway, it was just fun. We went out after and had a great time.

After making a big night of it, Sunday was relaxing. Not much to report on that except, oh ya, KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) delivers in Hong Kong....Yeah, we ordered KFC delivery.

What did you guys do this weekend?!

No comments: