Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF!

I returned to mainland China yesterday for a second shopping trip. This time I knew what I was looking for, and I knew where these items were sold. Despite our brief time together last time, most vendors seemed to remember me, what I bought and how much I paid. I was shocked. It was remarkable. I am very impressed with their quick mental recall of faces, names and figures. I aimed to secure better relationships with these vendors so that I can continue to do business with them conveniently and at a good price.

Last time I went to the mainland I bought a particular purchase and showed a picture of it to a friend from home. She was intrigued by this purchase and asked if I could find one for her. Of course I could. I am more than happy to do this. Today I dropped it in the mail, and it should arrive in the US within 10 business days. Eee, can't wait!

I was also a little selfish in my purchases. The best purchase I made for myself this trip happened to be really dorky but practical--new prescription glasses! Yep, I have brand new prescription lenses and frames. I wasn't sure how the lenses would turn out, but I figured that if the job was botched, it wouldn't set me back too much. Much to my surprise, they turned out great! The hardest part is that I now have to retire my old lenses and frames, which have been with me since 10th grade. Oh, dork memories! To balance out the dorkiness, I also bought stiletto ankle booties, which I can hardly take off. Rob even caught me wearing them in my workout clothes.

Now that we have a massive hurricane approaching I'll probably need to take them off.

Big news here seems to be the approaching storm that is Hurricane Megi. (I think that's an Australian name). The alert level in Hong Kong is 3 right now. People don't get too serious about the storms unless the warning level reaches 8. I hope the storm passes by us without much damage to people or places.

Have a great Friday and weekend!

Lizard

No comments: