Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Pictures

So exhausted today...here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Polishing up before heading to my surprise birthday dinner! (at Posto Publico...so yum)

post-dinner champagne at Wagyu, a favorite watering hole for Westerners  in Hong Kong. Great music and dancing!

I love bubbles

Roberto goes along with zee bubbles
I almost convinced him to dance to the 80s music that was playing, better luck next time...

This random guy, Charlie, (walking through the picture) was a Canadian wild man. He was very friendly but kept walking through our pictures and striking up conversations with us. The necklace he is wearing is actually his house key--his friends make him tie it around his neck when he goes out so he won't lose it. I truly wonder if he remembers this or us.
He is a good representative of the Lan Kwai Fong going out scene...more pictures below

Lan Kwai Fong going out scene on a Saturday Night. You can walk anywhere in Hong Kong with drinks in hand.

Rob, Thayer and her college roommate, who was visiting from New York.  

Hong Kong horns

At Beijing Club...the first "real" club I've been to in Hong Kong. We were the only non-Asians there. All music was new Western music. 

One full day later, Rob and I decided to have Vietnamese food for my birthday on Sunday night. Vietnamese is my favorite Southeast Asian cuisine. This is the seasoning here. We did not take pictures of the fried soft-shell crab spring rolls, which we eat at least once a week it seems. If you can get your hands on some vietnamese ravioli, do. It's good.


Jasmine tea. I've grown to enjoy tea. I used to think it tasted like grass.

We finished the day at Holly Brown Coffee, where I had tiramisu and chocolate gelato.

The works. Worth every bite.

Flowers :)

Close-up

No comments: