Sunday, November 7, 2010

Heels & New York

First of all, nice game TARHEELS! I wasn't able to watch the game against Florida State, but I saw the final score 37-35. Go Heels. Really wish I could make it to a game this year. Come to think of it, it has been a while since I've been back to Chapel Hill and spent a long time. Other than a quick drive-through of the town this summer, I haven't spent much time there since graduating. It was for times like this in Hong Kong that I did the quick drive-through this summer.

I digress, but for those of you who went to Carolina, have you seen Sandwich recently? Sandwich was a tiny little sandwich shop (practically the only one) in Chapel Hill that had the most amazing gourmet sandwiches. It opened a year or two before we graduated in a little, tucked-away location. In the two years since I've graduated, Sandwich has exploded. It's new shop is a huge restaurant on Franklin Street next to McDonald's. Rob and I stopped there for lunch the day we drove through, and I was blown away by how much Sandwich has expanded. Go Sandwich.

In other news, the New York City Marathon happens TODAY, well tomorrow really since it's still Saturday night on the East Coast. This is the first year I have been quasi-following the marathon. For starters, my friend Merrill is running in the race! Go Merrill!! In addition to this, I have been reading running blogs that are written by people who are training for the NYC Marathon. My favorite blog is Runner's Kitchen. All the blogs have been leading up to this huge event, so I'm excited. Best of luck to all you runners out there!

Here is a pretty picture of my UNC friends, Merrill, Kennedy and Jenna. Love and miss you all!
Merrill, will be thinking of you!
Have a great Sunday.

xx,

Liz

No comments: