Thursday, November 4, 2010

Re-routing a routine

Welp, as soon as I think I have a routine down pat, and I decide to tell you about it, you know what happens? It gets squashed. This week has been entirely unpredictable, but in a good way. First of all the weather has been up, down, all around. This means that my outdoor endurance running has been, uh, not happening. The best I could muster was yesterday when Rob and I took the tram to "The Peak" (ahh, Victorian Era Nostalgia!), and I decided to sprint up hills on our hike around the Peak. I was winded, as this was a change to my, uh, normal routine. While sprints spiced things up, I can't wait to get back to Bowen Rd. soon. Perhaps another reason why I haven't had as much time for long distance running is that I've been relatively busy on the interview/meeting circuit this week. Just as I think I'm at a stand still with the interviews, a fresh batch of 'em pop up out of nowhere. That has been a welcome development. Hopefully I'll have more news to report on that soon. It is a crap shoot, though, and you just never know when a lead will begin or end. There's no predicting it. So please, eat a fortune cookie for your friends in the East.

Also, Please send e-mails to fill me in on your life. Or write a comment at the bottom of these posts--pretty sure I'm the only person who reads 'em.

xxoo,

P.S. It's almost Friday! (Rob and I are heading back to Underbridge Spicy Crab for dinner tomorrow--can't wait!!) What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: